quinta-feira, 25 de outubro de 2012

[MOVIE] Les Adieux à la reine/Farewell, My Queen (REVIEW)


"Les Adieux à la Reine", or "Farewell, My Queen", is a french movie, released on 2011 in France and 2012 outside europe. Unfortunately was a movie that didn't come to Brazil (Too bad! Cause it's great!).
Way different from "Marie Antoinette" (2006), from Sofia Coppola, this movie is about the early days of the French Revolution, in 1789. It shows us more about Sidonie Laborde's life as the Queen's "lectrice" (She read books for Queen's pleasure) or her point of view/her routine and her obsession for Marie Antoinette.


The costumes are GREAT! And I must admit, the movie was completely different from what I had imagined. It's french! They have the power to surprise me!
So if you are expecting something HUGE, like "Marie Antoinette", you'll may be disappointed, but it's another view from French Revolution.

Sidonie Laborde and Rose Bertin's embroideress

And if you would like to watch the trailer: 


I recommend the movie, watch it if you guys have the chance. 
There's also a book, by Chantal Thomas, with the same name as the movie. It's on my book list now :D

7 comentários:

  1. I really want to go watch this movie too. Not sure i will be able to though. <3

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. Good luck! Since it wasn't very famous, is a bit gard to find. But worth!

      Excluir
  2. That looks like a really interesting movie ^^ I want to watch it now also :3 Thanks for sharing~

    ResponderExcluir
  3. I have never seen this movie, but now I really want to!

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. It's very good! It's a very calm movie, not much action but catches our attention

      Excluir
  4. I was trying to download this film for a long time...but it doesn´t work...>.<''

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. Ahhhn my friend downloaded it, cause we can't find for rent :( but she got with portuguese subtitles

      Excluir